Microsoft® Word is one of the most popular word processing applications used for creating documents. Business and home users often share and edit documents easily, and track changes as noted in a previous article.
Another very useful feature when sharing and editing documents is to add comments instead of changing the words. Suggested changes can be proposed, and the author or receiver can decide whether to add them to the document or not. The instructions below explain how to use the comments function in Word and add them to the document.
Adding a new comment in Word 2010:
- Launch Microsoft® Word 2010 application.
- Select the word or phrase you want to comment on.
- Switch to the “Review” ribbon tab.
- Click on the “New Comment” icon in the comments section.
- Write your comment text in the new displayed bubble.
- Switch back to the document by clicking in it or by pressing the “ESC” key on your keyboard.
Tips and Tricks:
- To delete any comment, right click on it and select the “Delete Comment” option.