YouTube® is one of the most well-known online sources of videos and clips. People share these videos on social networks, through instant messengers, in email communication and other similar ways. There are many guides, helpful advice, music videos and funny clips. That is why it’s nice to know how to add a YouTube® video in a PowerPoint® presentation. If you don’t know how to do it, read the instructions below and follow these 7 easy steps.
How to Embed a Video from YouTube® in PowerPoint®:
- First, download the YouTube® video to your local hard drive. For proper downloading, follow the instructions from the article on downloading video or mp3 files from YouTube® online.
- Launch the Microsoft® PowerPoint® application and open the presentation where you’d like to insert the YouTube® video.
- Click on the position in the slide where you want to insert the clip.
- On the main ribbon, switch to the “Insert” tab.
- Click on the “Video” dropdown arrow in the “Media” section.
- Select “Video on My PC”, locate the downloaded video file and click on the “insert” button.
- The preview image is placed into the presentation. You can now adjust the image size to fit your presentation and play it.