If you have ever lost your mobile phone, you know how important it is to back up your contacts. There are different ways to save your contacts. For Gmail® users, one of the easiest methods is to synchronize your cell phone with your account.
Learn how to back up your contacts on your Gmail® and how to find them whenever you need them. The process is described in the instructions below using an Android™ cell phone, and should be similar on other operating systems.
Synchronizing contacts with Gmail® instructions:
- First, you need to have a Gmail® account created. It needs to be set up so that you can access Google® services from your cell phone.
- On your mobile phone, go to “Menu > Settings > Account and sync“.
- Tap on “Google® /” account.
- Check the “Sync Contacts” option. This will back up your contacts in your Gmail® account.
- To see your contacts, launch your Internet browser and log in to your Gmail® account.
- Click on the “Gmail®” dropdown menu below the Google® logo on the left side of the page and select “Contacts”.
- Now you should be able to see your mobile phone’s contact list with phone numbers and all other information.