Using social networks for communication isn’t just for writing text messages anymore, but also for sharing photos, commenting on actions, discussing videos and online music. For many people, this is important information as this is their real life communication. It is their way of keeping in touch with their friends and family who may live far away.
Every single information and image you share on a social network is a file and backing up this data is an important step in keeping your information safe. Backing up data from Facebook® and other social networks is just as important as backing up files from your hard disk drive as discussed in the that focuses on the storing files online. Most people don’t think about losing their files, but local data can become inaccessible for a user due to a hardware issue, virus attack, blackout, operating system crash or more common actions like overwriting or deleting a file by accident.
Using an Internet storage service can prevent file loss and you can access this data from anywhere, anytime. The instructions below show you how to back up your Facebook® pictures and photos using Online Vault.
- First you need to install the Online Vault application by opening your browser and then enter and go to the web address www.onlinevault.com.
- Click on the “Get A Free Account” button and follow the instructions to create an account.
- Once you have created your account, run the application.
- In the “BACKUP” tab, click on “Change Backup Files” link.
- In the left pane, choose the “Facebook® Pictures” checkbox and then click on the “OK” button.
- Click on the “START BACKUP NOW!” button.
- If you have not logged into your Facebook® account prior to the backup, the application will ask you for your email address and password.
- When the process finishes, your photos are stored.
- Run the Online Vault application.
- In the “RESTORE” tab, choose the “Facebook® pictures” checkbox.
- Click on the “Restore Files” button
- If a Warning window pops up, click on “Restore Now”.
- When the process finishes, your photos are restored.
Tips and Tricks:
- You can schedule a backup in the “Backup” tab by clicking on the “Change Schedule” button. This will enable you to perform the backup at a specific time.
- You can remove folders or files for backup in the “Backup” tab by clicking on the “Change Backup Files” button.
- If a Warning window pops up during file restoration, check the “Do not show message again” checkbox and you will never be asked for confirmation again.
- For more information on storing photos, music or documents online, you can read this article.
- If you are restoring a document which you are working on, make sure the system will not overwrite the newer version with the older one. The application will ask you what to do in this case.