If you have ever used your scanner only to find dust or fingerprints reflected in your scanned document, then you’ve probably learned the importance of keeping your scanner clean. Cleaning your scanner is a fairly simple process as outlined in the steps for you below.
Cleaning Instructions for Scanners:
- Unplug the scanner.
- Lift the scanner cover open.
- Wipe the platen glass with a clean, white, lint-free cloth slightly dampened with water or glass cleaner.
- Using that same cloth, clean the inside of the scanner cover. If your scanner has a transparent sheet, clean it with the cloth as well.
- Clean the inner side of the document feeder with the cloth.
- Dry each of these same components with another clean, white, lint-free cloth that is free from water or glass cleaner.
Tips and Tricks:
- Always check the owner’s manual for any specific instructions on your scanner before cleaning.
- Replace the cloth with a clean one once it becomes dirty from the cleaning process.
- Do not use glass cleaners containing ammonia, acetone, benzene, or carbon tetrachloride.