MouseExtender© is a very handy application that allows you to access shortcuts, files, applications or control panel items using only two mouse clicks. You can customize this application and easily add or remove content from the list of icons. This is based on a menu on your desktop. You just set which mouse button accesses it and what the menu contains. Follow the instructions below to learn how to download and add icons you want to have accessible by mouse.
- Open your Internet browser and go to the MouseExtender© homepage.
- Run the “MouseExtender.exe” file.
- The application will open the icon menu. Right-click on the area below these three icons and select one of the following:
“Add File or Program”
“Add Web Address”
“Add Running Program”
Enter the location of the shortcut you are adding and the icon will be displayed in the same place.
- To access the content menu you should press the middle mouse button. Of course, you can change the button in the settings of the application (right-click on the icon in the system tray).
Tips and Tricks:
- To have the application automatically launch after the system starts, right-click on the MouseExtender© icon in the system tray, select “Settings” and in the “General” tab tick the “Autostart” checkbox.