If you create an interactive document or feedback form in Microsoft® Word, you may need to insert a checkbox. The most common type of document that uses checkboxes is a questionnaire, which requires responses from readers. If you do not know how to insert a checkbox in a document in Microsoft® Word 2013, following the simple 5-step process outlined below.
Inserting a checkbox in Word® 2013:
- Launch a Microsoft® Word application.
- Enable the “Developer” tab in the ribbon. You can do this by:
Right-clicking on the ribbon and selecting “Customize the Ribbon”. Now, enable the “Developer” ribbon by clicking its checkbox.
- Find the “’Developer” tab in the ribbon and click on it.
- Place the cursor in the document where you want to insert a checkbox.
- Click on the “Check Box Content Control” icon in the “Controls” section of the Developer tab.