The Mac® operating system has a different file system than Microsoft Windows®. Sometimes it can be problematic to get data from a hard drive with a Mac® file system onto a Windows®-based computer. Fortunately, there is a handy application called MacDrive© that can help. Below are steps you can take to download and install this software, as well as short instructions on how to use this Mac® application.
Instructions for downloading and installing MacDrive©:
- Open your Internet browser and go the MacDrive© home page.
- At the bottom of the page, select the type of product you want to download; MacDrive® Standard or Pro, and then click on the “Learn more” button.
- Now that you are on the product page, in the right pane you can select a download for the free or regular version. Click on one of these buttons.
- Click on the “Download” button and save the file to your computer.
- Launch the installation file, if the operating system asks you for confirmation, click on the “Run” button.
- Read the “License Agreement” and then check the “I accept the terms of this license agreement” checkbox and click on the “Next” button.
- Click on the “Install” button.
- When the installation finishes, click on the “Finish” button. You will be asked to restart your computer, do this to complete the process.
Instructions for reading data from a Mac® hard drive:
- Launch the MacDrive© application.
- Double-click on the “Access Mac disks” icon.
- A new window will open. You should see a new Mac® drive. You can open it as a normal disk drive.
- Now you are able use the data from the Mac® drive just as if it was on a Windows® formatted drive.