Windows® 7 includes a relatively easy way to uninstall the Internet Explorer® web browser and remove it from the system. Those who use other Internet browsers often leave Internet Explorer® 8 (IE8) or Internet Explorer® 9 (IE9) on their computers, as it is a small application and they typically have sufficient space on their hard disks. However, many users want to remove Internet Explorer® for moral reasons, rather than to save space. The instructions below describe how to easily uninstall IE8 or IE9.
- Go to “Start > Control Panel >Programs”.
- Click on the “Programs and Features” category.
- In left pane, click on the “Turn Windows features on or off” link.
- A list of all of the installed components will be displayed. Find the Internet Explorer® web browser and deselect the checkbox next to it. Confirm your selection by clicking on the “YES” button.
- Click the “OK” button to start the removal process.