To avoid losing your personal data you can simply use an online backup software as is described in the article about storing files online. The article describes why people store data online, how to download and install the free backup software, Online Vault, and how to do an initial backup. The following instructions will show you how to restore your data back to your disk using Online Vault.
- First, install the Online Vault application by following the steps in the article about storing files online.
- Run the Online Vault application.
- In “RESTORE” tab select the “All” checkbox.
- Click on the “Restore Files” button (if warning windows pop up, click on “Restore Now”).
- When process finishes your files are restored.
Tips and Tricks:
- If your Internet connection gets slower during restoration, you can pause the process and finish it later.
- If the Warning window pops up during the restoration select the “Do not show message again” checkbox and you will never be asked for confirmation again.
- If the application finds any differences between a file stored online and a file located on your disk, it will ask you if you want to overwrite it or not. Only use the overwriting option if you are absolutely sure.
- If you have opened any file that you are restoring, the application will not be able to restore it and warning windows with options will appear.