Computers can be a haven for dust. This can end up causing issues for computer system so a routine cleaning isn’t a bad idea. To start, you’ll have to open the case surrounding your computer’s hard drive. For many people, opening a computer case may seem quite simple. But if you’re unsure about your computer’s safety and want some guidance on how to go about opening the computer case, we’ve provided some basic instructions below. They are some recommendations everyone should take into account before taking a screwdriver in your hand.
Computer Case Opening Instructions:
- The first thing you should do is turn off the computer.
- Locate the power switch button on your power supply (on the back of your computer) and turn it off as well.
NOTE: Some computers don’t have this button so you may skip this step.
- Unplug all external cables and attachments from the computer.
- Remove the screws that are holding the side panels to the rest of the case. You probably will need a Phillips-head screwdriver to remove the screws.
- Now you should be able to remove the side panel of your computer. It is usually protected by a slide-lock, so you should pull the panel in backward direction.