Converting photos and images into digital form is really popular as people typically do this to have their memories backed up or for sharing them with relatives via email or social networks. If you have bought a Canon® scanner for these purposes or you just want to digitize a document, this article provides basic instructions on how to start scanning.
Instructions on how to start scanning:
- You should have installed the MP Navigator EX© scanning application, this software is part of the installation media or downloaded from the Canon® product web page in the “Drivers & Software” section. Launch the application.
- The application should launch in navigation mode. (If not, switch the mode by clicking on the “Switch mode” button in the bottom-left corner).
- Switch to “Scan/Import” and click “Photos/documents (Platen)”.
- Place the document or image on the platen (face-down) and select “Document Type”.
- Click on the “Specify…” button and set the preferences for scanning.
- Click on the “Scan” button.
- When the process of scanning finishes, the “Scan Complete” dialog box opens. If you want to scan the next document, click on the “Scan” button, or to exit, select “Exit” to end the session.
- Click the “Save” or “Save as PDF” button.
- Specify the file location and image details and click on the “Save” button.
Tips and Tricks:
- When the scanning process finishes, you are able to edit the image before saving it. Just click on the image and use the tools from the ribbon above.