As was mentioned in the article about scanning photos and documents on Canon® scanners, the MP Navigator EX© software includes the function of scanning to the PDF file format. This is very useful because of the compatibility of this file format, especially on occasions that require sharing or publishing in a portable document format. The instructions below describes the step-by-step process of setting the scanning software to scan to PDF.
Instructions on how to scan to PDF:
- You should have installed MP Navigator EX© scanning application, this software is part of the installation media or downloaded from the Canon® product web page in the “Drivers & Software“ section. Launch the application.
- The application should launch in navigation mode. (If not, switch the mode by clicking on the “Switch mode” button in the bottom-left corner).
- Switch to “Scan/Import” and click “Photos/documents (Platen)”.
- Place the document or image on the platen (face-down) and select “Document Type”.
- Click on the “Specify…” button and set the preferences for scanning.
- Click on the “Scan” button.
- When the process of scanning finishes, the “Scan Complete” dialog box opens. If you want to scan the next document, click on the “Scan” button, or to exit, select “Exit” to end the session.
- Click the “Save as PDF” button.
- Specify the file type and location and click on the “Save” button.
Tips and Tricks:
- When the scanning process finishes, you are able to edit the image before saving it. Just click on the image and use the tools from the ribbon above.