Sending text messages via the Internet is nothing new nowadays. There are many specialized portals that provide this service.
If you’re a Gmail® user, you can send a text message to a phone directly from your mailbox. To learn how to enable this feature and use it, follow the instructions below.
Sending SMS from Gmail® instructions:
- Log in to your account on the Gmail® home page.
- Click the icon for “Settings” located in the right-upper corner under your email account name. Select “Settings” in the dropdown menu.
- Switch to the “Labs” tab located at the top of the screen.
- Enable the “SMS (text messaging) in Chat”. If you can’t find it easily, type in “SMS” in the “Search for a lab” box. Once enabled, go to the bottom of the page and click the “Save Changes” button.
- Now, simply enter in the chat field the number you wish to dial. Click the “Send SMS” option and save the contact.
- The conversation will automatically pop up.
If you already have a contact name associated with the mobile phone number entered, you can simply select the person and proceed.