Online games have quickly become a popular pastime due to the rapid expansion and acceptance of the Internet. Game manufacturers are continually adopting more sophisticated strategies, including offering a variety of online services in conjunction with their games. One of the most common types of online games is the MMORPG (Massive-Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game) genre, where players create characters in their accounts and play with them in the game’s imaginary world. World of Warcraft®, (more commonly known as WoW), a game created by the Blizzard® gaming company, is arguably the most widely played online game in the world. If you wish to experience life as a dwarf, elf, orc, or etc. in their sci-fi world, the article below describes how to begin playing the World of Warcraft® MMORPG computer game.
- Open your Internet browser. Then go to the World of Warcraft® website.
- In the top navigation bar, click on the “Create an Account” link.
- On the next page, fill in the parent or guardian’s email address and click on the “CREATE ACCOUNT” button again.
- Click on the “BACK TO BATTLE.NET ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT” button.
- A verification email will be sent to your email address. Click on the link to verify your email.
- Log on to your battle.net account. Click on the green “Play for Free” link in the “YOUR GAME ACCOUNT” section.
- On the confirmation page, click on the “CONTINUE” button. On the next page, click on your operating system version in the “Download Game Client” section.
- Save the file to any location on your computer.
- Locate the downloaded file and run the installer by double clicking on the file. If your operating system asks you for confirmation, click on the “Run” button.
- When the installation wizard launches, click on the “Install” button.
- Read and confirm the “License Agreement” section. Then, click on the “Accept” button.
- On the next page, choose the installation path and click on the “OK” button. Then, click on the “OK” button again.
- When the installation finishes, the updater will automatically launch. Wait until the “PLAY” button becomes active (orange color), then click on it.
- The game will start. You will need to read and accept the three license agreements, then, you will be taken to a log in page.
- Type in the email and password you used to register the account. Click on the “Login” button.
- On the following screen, choose the language and realm style. Click on the “Suggest Realm” option.
- Create your character, fill in your name and click on the “Accept” button. Now click on the “Enter World” button and enjoy the World of Warcraft®!
Tips and Tricks:
- If you do not receive the confirmation email, check your mailbox’s spam folder.
- To learn how to create a good password, follow the steps in the article that focuses on creation of a strong password.
- If you want to play in a different realm, click on the “Change Realm” button in the character selection.
- This article describes how to create a starter edition account. After the testing period, you must extend the account to regular and monthly pay to continue, as well as purchase the game code from Blizzard®.