Importing Your Gmail Contacts
Before you import your contacts into your Inbox.com email account, you' ll have to export them from your Gmail account first. Here's one way to export your contacts from Gmail to Inbox.com:
- Log into your Gmail email account.
- Click on the "Contacts" link in the left side menu.
- Click on the "Export" link in the upper right corner.
- Select the "Outlook CSV" option button and click on the "Export Contacts" button to export your Gmail contacts into a CSV file.
- Click on the "Save" button to save the CSV file on your computer.
Once you have your Gmail contacts saved as a .CSV file, you can import it into Inbox.com.
To import contacts to Inbox.com:
- Create a custom CSV file, or export the address book from your other webmail provider or email client as a CSV file.
- Log into Inbox.com and click on the "Contacts" tab above.
- Click on the "Import Contacts" link.
- Click on the "Browse" button and locate the CSV file you’d like to upload.
- Select the file and click on the "Import" button.
Select the operation you wish to perform:
If you are importing contacts for the first time, select the "Leave intact" option.
If you wish to update existing CSV record, select the "Update only" option.
If you wish to overwrite existing CSV record, select the "Overwrite all" option.
- After successful upload of the document, you will be able to see added contacts.
- Inbox imports contacts containing email addresses. If the column containing email address is missing, you will be notified.
- If you receive error messages when attempting to import your contacts,
you may need to edit your CSV file.